Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Scalextric C3750 AUDI SPORT QUATTRO E2
- Alloy Clutch Assembly fits ZENOAH G260PUM CRRC Pro Petrol Marine Engine RC Boat
- Extpro Microscope Kit Science Experiment Supplies LED 100 x 400x and 1200x
- NEW John Deere Big Farm Peterbilt Model 367 w Grain Trailer, 1 16 (LP53318)
- TRUMPETER TP2292 MESSERSCHMITT BF 109 F-4 KIT 1 32 MODEL MODEL
- Megatoybrand Take Apart Toy Racing Car – Construction Toy Kit For Kids – Build –
- Manu Ginobili Mcfarlane NIB Series 10 NBA San Antonio Spurs White Chase HTF
- Statua RESINA HARADRIM SOLDIER Signore degli anelli EDIZIONE NUMERATA 30cm NUOVA
- 15mm ACW UNION INFANTRY x20 Well Painted and Based 58990
- Apocalypse vs Dhalsim X-men vs Street Fighter figure Marvel Capcom Toy Biz 1999
- Trumpeter 1 24 02417 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IID Tropical
- Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class redF OPtimus Prime Figure Complete
- Vintage Mego Micronauts CENTAURUS HOOF x4 LOT hooves parts
- Robotech macross valkyrie vf 1a plastic model kit mint
- Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class CrossCut Autobot NEW Ultra Rare
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with