Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Carrera 30821 - Digital 132 VW Beetle Ladybugracer Car
- Hobbywing QuicRun Brushless Sensored 120A ESC For 1 10 1 12 Touring RC Car Kits
- CHRISTMAS 2017 KINDER SURPRISE collection Russian completу set 8 BPZ Santa Deer
- Simca Diorama T 15S 1.5L Spider Gordini Le Mans 1951 Jolly Model 1 43 JL8002 Mod
- Minichamps F1 Diecast Model 430980016 Arrows A 19 P Diniz 1 43 Scale Boxed
- TY SLITHER BEANIE BABY RARE AUTHENTICATED 1ST GENERATION TUSH TAG
- Fire & Air Elemental Lord Case Incentive Maze of Death Premium Figure
- Figma angel figure nonscale ABS & PVC painted movable figure
- 15mm ACW union - american civil war infantry 32 figures - inf (18575)
- Marvel Alex Ross Captain American mini bust
- 1 76 SCALE DIECAST 5 PIECE LAND ROVER SET LCOX76SET44 New
- RIO RI40901 MERCEDES ADENAUER 1951 GREY 1 43 MODELLINO DIE CAST MODEL
- BEST BT9231 LOLA T 70 COUPE 67 N.2 1 43 MODEL DIE CAST MODEL
- SPARK MODEL S4404 MC LAREN F1 GTR N.29 6th LM 1996 BELL-GROUILLARD-WALLACE 1 43
- SPARK - 1 43 - RENAULT 4 CV 1063 - LE MANS 1951 - S5212
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with